Thursday 19 January 2012

Spotlight the parsnip...

Week 19/01/2012
Hi everybody,


A new week, 2 new recipes.

   
Last week, I discovered a new vegetable: the parsnip. If you follow my edito, perhaps are you thinking that I discover a lot vegetable here in London. In fact, in France, I cooked with all the vegetables that can find easily in the supermarket and in England I do the same thing but the offer is quite different.

Anyway, where did I discover the parsnip? Not in Tesco like usual because this vegetable is like a big white carrot, that doesn’t attract my eyes. I discovered it per chance last week. Indeed, I cook every Wednesday a soup for the homeless of the Westminster borough and in this beginning of year, a charity gave me vegetables for cooking this weekly soup. when I arrived I was really surprised to see a big bag of this big white carrot (the parsnip). I took some of them and I tried to cook them with a friend. We did a delicious and creamy soup of parsnip. Everyone enjoyed it.

   
   
When I came back at home, I decided to use parsnip again. The taste is strong and it is quite like celery, so I thought that can be tasty in a “au gratin” dish. I open my fridge and pick up all the vegetables that can find and I cooked 5 vegetables au gratin. The result was really good, so I give you the recipe for this week.


Have a nice week and don’t hesitate to share your cooking experience on www.pauline-cuisine.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment