Thursday 1 March 2012

Spotlight on the Quinoa

Edito 010312
Hi everybody,


What’s new in Pauline-Cuisine?

   
This week, I would like to spotlight the Quinoa. I discovered this cereal in France, when I was in Paris. A friend of mine said me that she ate it because it is full in protein. I decided to try it because in my lunch box, I had some trouble to cook meat, in fact it was not good to re-heat it. But I was disappointed by the taste. So, I gave up. But when I arrived in London, I had so much time for cooking and I would like to try again this cereal. Despite I dislike the taste when it’s hot, I really enjoy it when it’s cold. I decided to create a starter with that, like a big rice salad, I did a “Verrine” of Quinoa with vegetables. If you are not convinced yet to try Quinoa, another big advantage is that it is easy to digest because it is gluten free. Enjoy this starter.


The second recipe of this week is Chicken with white sauce (Poule au Pot). It is a really traditional French dish. Historically, all French people ate it when Henri IV had the power. So, it is a really old dish. It is really tasty and warm for winter time. Try it and don’t hesitate to comment it.
    apple and rhubarb soup



Have a nice week. If you want more French recipes, don't hesitate to visit Pauline-Cuisine.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment