Monday 19 December 2011

Spotlight the Butternut

Hi everybody,

This week, I would like to spotlight the Butternut.

Soup of butternut    

I discovered this vegetable a few weeks ago. I always do my grocery shopping in Tesco and when I bought some courgettes this autumn, I saw a really strange vegetable: the Butternut. I decided to buy one and to try to use it. As my habit, I cook a soup. So, this week, I give you the recipe for cooking a Soup of Butternut.

     

I was so surprised about the easy way to peel it. Even if is the same family of pumpkin the peel is softer than the pumpkin one. Moreover, the texture is quite different too. One more time it is softer than pumpkin one. And the taste in soup is really sweet. I enjoyed this new vegetable and I am very happy to have discovered it. I hope you will enjoy it too.

    Butternut
     
Small cauldron of orange vegetables    

Then I decided to use the Butternut in another way. I tried to mix it with other vegetable. In particular, another strange one: sweet potatoes. It is really common in London, which is not the case in France. The taste of sweet potatoes is really surprising because it is between potatoes and carrots. It is something which has the taste of carrots but with the texture of potatoes. That was a nice discovery again. So, I decided to mix sweet potatoes, Butternut and a common vegetable: carrots. The result is really tasty. This small cauldron of orange vegetables will accompany very well your meat or poultry. Don’t hesitate to try it this week:

I wish you a happy week and a nice race for making Christmas gifts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment