Friday 6 April 2012

Recipe of the week: Chicken and mushrooms with Béchamel

Edito 06/04/12
Hi everybody,

What’s new in Pauline-Cuisine this week?

   
This week, I give you the recipe for a Chicken and mushrooms with béchamel “gratin”, it is a really French recipe and it is easy to do and tasty to eat. In this recipe, I give you the recipe for doing your homemade béchamel. I remember, when I was a student in Grenoble, my mother gave me a recipe for a dish with béchamel and she said me, buy a can of béchamel, it is easy to use and you can’t failed the recipe. But, when I wanted to buy the Béchamel in the supermarket, I didn’t find it, so I asked to a vendor and she replied me: do it yourself. But, I had no idea of how to do a béchamel, so I decided to cook something else. Then, I visited a friend in Germany and she explained me how to do a Béchamel for her lasagna, I discovered that it is so easy to do it. And now, I do my Béchamel homemade and I can decide the quantity of butter or the amount of cream that I want.

At the end of the week, it will be Easter and I would like to give you some chocolate recipes for making your own Easter chocolate, but I am not as good as I want for doing it. I hope I will improve my technique and try to be ready for the next Easter. Meanwhile, I went to France the last weekend, and I found a great book about Easter chocolate, I hope it will help me. Unfortunately for the moment this beautiful book is still on its bag, I don’t have enough time to try it, but I will try to find time until Easter because I have some desserts to prepare for a friend who invite me at a Easter party.
Anyway, for Easter, you can make the chocolate and coconuts mousse, it is so delicious and it is different to the traditional Easter chocolate.
    apple and rhubarb soup

I wish you a happy Easter.
Have a nice week and don’t hesitate to share your cooking experience on www.pauline-cuisine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment